My mother-in-law has brought this for us a few times, and I’m a little more in love with it every time I eat it.
- 4 cups chopped watermelon
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- 1/2 large bell pepper (yellow or orange makes the best presentation), chopped fine
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and finely minced
- 2-3 Tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
Mix the whole works together; chill and serve. Serve with chips, or on top of a light meat like fish, chicken, or pork. Honestly, I just eat this stuff by the spoonful.