(adapted from an old Green family recipe)
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup diced apple (peel if desired)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
Mix fruit and nuts together and set aside.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Beat the wet batch of ingredients (above) together til smooth and set aside.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned (NOT INSTANT) rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix dry ingredients listed above together in a 3rd bowl large enough to contain all ingredients.
Add the fruit and nut mix to the dry mix bowl and combine. Add wet bowl and stir til just combined. Spoon batter into lined muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm with honey butter.
These keep really well for a week or so and make easy, filling, on-the-go breakfasts. This recipe typically nets me around 30 muffins.